Hello, lovely readers!
I’ve got another treat for you! A yummy filling breakfast recipe that’s perfect for a lazy weekend morning, or a brunch. I love trying new recipes (mainly from Pinterest) and then sharing the good ones with you. I know it’s good when I like it, but the ultimate test for me is simple – would my hubby like it repeated? And the answer for this one was a resounding yes.
The original recipe can be found here,
It’s a great breakfast to throw together, since it’s easy to have everything on hand already.
- 1 can of Pillsbury Crescent dough (makes 8 crescents)
- 5 large eggs, scrambled
- 1 cup (100g) shredded cheese of choice (I like sharp cheddar or tex mex)
- 8 slices cooked bacon (hello Maple Leaf ReadyCrisp!)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Lay out your crescents in a circle, pointed tips facing out, like this.
- Place a strip of bacon on each crescent.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the cheese on the circle part.
- Add eggs and remaining cheese on the circle.
- Fold over crescents into centre, it’s okay if there are gaps in between them.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Once cooled, slice them up, it’s like a bacon breakfast sandwich in a crescent. Mmmmm….
And there you have it! I really like this recipe because it’s very easy and quick to throw together, but still looks impressive, and feels more elegant than simply making scrambled eggs for about the same amount of effort.