Hello, lovelies! I hope you’ve been having a fantastic summer and soaking up all the fun and sun this season brings – I know we definitely have 🙂 I’m also very excited that this is the first summer in a few years that I’ve gotten a decent tan!
Today, I want to talk about beauty and makeup. I find that I have a tendency to design a go-to look for myself that I can quickly do in the morning for the usual day-to-day. I still have fun with new looks and styles for the evening or maybe on weekends, but on a weekday morning I need to be able to do my makeup fast, and even if I’m half asleep.
So with that in mind, I wanted to share with you my daytime makeup look for this summer! It’s super easy and quick, but uses some fun summery items that I’m pretty happy about 🙂
I’ve put in a quick video (the very first on here!), as well as instructions and products below.
- Apply foundation all over face using fingers, and blend well. Use foundation as undereye concealer as well. For summer, try a lighter foundation, such as a tinted moisturizer or BB/CC cream.
- Dab concealer onto blemishes gently and blend. Be very gentle since the concealer might be lighter than your skin, if you have a tan.
- Dust setting powder, and then bronzer all over face. The bronzer is essential since our faces are almost always lighter than our bodies, due to more frequent cleansing and exfoliating.
- Swirl a warm, peachy blush onto cheekbones. I always place it here to look natural and avoid the porcelain doll look.
- Use a shadow brush to add light shade to top of eyelid, medium shade to outer crease, highlighting shade to brow bone and inner corner of lid, and the darkest or accent shade to the outer bottom lid. Blend so colours transition smoothly.
- Swipe 2 quick coats of lengthening mascara on lashes. Tan skin and summer looks best with a light look, so there is usually no need for eyeliner.
- Finish with lip balm and a softly tinted lip gloss. Lip balm is essential with the heat, and I find gloss looks much better than lipstick for the daytime in the summer.
- Foundation – Arbonne CC Cream in Light
- Concealer – Artistry essentials concealer in Light
- Setting Powder – Cover FX Setting Powder for light skin tones
- Bronzer – Artistry essentials Mineral Foundation in Medium
- Blush – Artistry Enchanted Garden blush in Sequined Peach & Sequined Rose
- Eye Shadow – Casmara shadow quad with orange, lilac, and pink shades
- Mascara – Artistry Length & Definition Mascara
- Lip Balm – eos Lip Sphere in Strawberry Sorbet
- Lip Gloss – Artistry Light Up Lip Gloss in Glitz
Hope you’re having a beautiful summer! How have you changed up your makeup for the hot weather?