Hello lovelies! You may have noticed that it’s been quiet for a few days longer than usual around here… what can I say? Life happens, and life gets in the way, and there will probably be lots more posts to fill you guys in! In the meantime, I bring a peace offering: My delicious (figuratively AND literally speaking) pumpkin spice sugar scrub, perfect for a luxurious exfoliation while infusing the amazing scents of the season.
My recipe is based on this one at The Idea Room, except I made some tweaks. Here goes:
- 2 cups brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- Mix together the sugars and spices in a bowl.
- Slowly pour in the oil and mix well.
- Keep adding more oil if desired (I like mine to be more of a wet sand texture as opposed to a paste).
- Empty in a sealable container (I used an empty 3-wick candle holder), and keep either in the fridge or tub-side.
And that’s it! A simple recipe for wonderful bathtime exfoliating. Also, I did taste it, and it’s pretty good – kind of tastes like pumpkin spice candy! A fair warning, though, the oil can make your tub a bit slippery, so just be careful with it, no dancing and scrubbing in the tub 🙂
How are you guys enjoying pumpkin spice mania? Anyone doing at-home beauty treatments?