Hello again sweet friends! I hope you’ve been enjoying everything the season brings, we just got another dusting of winter wonderland snow outside our window! One of the best-loved traditions of this time of year is making sweets and treats together. I recently shared my recipe for red velvet white chocolate cake pops, and today I’m back with an easier, but also delicious, no-bake recipe! These are my Christmas No-Bake Oreo Truffles, inspired by this recipe from Savvy Saving Couple. Ready to dig in? Let’s get to it!
- 1 block (250g, or 8oz) of light cream cheese, softened
- 36 Oreo cookies of choice – for a seasonal touch, I used the Mint Cream Oreos
- 250g (8oz) chocolate chips for coating, I used milk, but you can use white or dark as well
- festive sprinkles
- Crush the cookies into a crumble, and mix with cream cheese until uniform. I crushed the cookies in batches with my food processor, and then used a hand mixer to mix in the cream cheese.
- Shape into balls, and place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. I rolled them into about ½ inch balls, and made almost 60. Freeze truffle balls for at least 10 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate chips carefully, by heating in small increments in the microwave and stirring in between.
- Cover truffle balls in melted chocolate, and then place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- Sprinkle with festive sprinkles, or maybe crushed candy canes, as you’d like.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, until firm, and chocolate coating has become solid.
I loved these, and so did Nick! You could easily put your own twist on these – maybe use the seasonal Gingerbread Oreos and white chocolate, or add finely chopped nuts. Or use different decorations, like little shamrocks for St. Patrick’s Day, or little hearts and pink sprinkles for Valentine’s Day.
Have you tried these, or other Oreo treats? Let us know!