Happy Monday, friends! I hope your week is off to a beautiful start 🙂
Today I’ll be sharing a hairstyle that I’ve started doing recently. Now bear in mind, I do not have very much experience with a curling iron. I spent most of my childhood and tween years with pin-straight hair that I would try to curl and wave using sponge curlers (it never worked), and then around age 14-15 my hair decided to go curly – which is when I started to play with the straightening iron. Isn’t it funny how we seem to always want to change the way it is naturally?
Happily, my curls loosened into pretty loose mermaid waves over time, and so now I barely ever do anything to my hair. With the length and the fact that it is a thick mane with a lot of hair, more than 95% of the time I wash it, add a bit of serum or sea salt spray, and leave it be. Very occasionally I will straighten it, and I had pretty much never used a curling iron myself until recently. I figure many ladies spend a lot of time perfecting undone bedhead waves, so I just embrace the natural look.
However, even with that I still wanted to change it up every so often – especially with all the pretty Pinterest tutorials out there. So without much more rambling, I’ll show you how I very easily (and/or lazily) curl my hair when I want a more polished, defined curl. Keep in mind this is best for if you have a lot of stubborn hair, like me. Check out the video below, and I’ve also written out the steps.
- Using a wide toothed comb or brush, gently brush out dry hair.
- Section hair into 6-8 sections for curling.
- Take one of the sections, spray with water, and comb again.
- Curl the hair on the curling iron away from the face. Hold in place once all rolled up for 45-60 seconds.
- Gently release the curling iron, and use a bobby pin to hold the curl in place.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 with all the sections.
- Once all curled up, mist lightly all over with hairspray. Allow all curls to cool and spray to set.
- Carefully take out the bobby pins, shake out your tresses, and mist again with hairspray. All done!
And there you have it! Simple easy curls for lazy girls with thick wavy hair. I was playing with my hair over the holidays when I discovered this method, and it’s worked for me everytime!
How do you like to style your hair? Do you usually work on it, or just let it do its thing?