Hello and waving! I do hope your week is going well! We are gearing up for a road trip, and are excited about it 🙂 Here we go with this week’s installment, 5 things that are making my week, this week.
- My Neutral Dress Sandals: I bought a pair of cute sandals for the wedding we attended in Mexico. They’re sort of a nude/beige croc pattern with some metallic detailing and chunky heels, so they would look nice but be at least a bit suited to the beach just in case. They weren’t very pricey at all, but I’ve been wearing them all the time since we got back! They’re fun and summery, but also surprisingly comfortable as heels, so they’ve gotten lots of use this week.
- My Pink Gym Bag: A little while back I bought a gym bag (somewhere along the line, grocery store tote bags just weren’t cutting it anymore for my workout stuff). I wanted it to be cute, and found this adorable hot pink one by Nike. It’s cute and roomy enough for all of my stuff without being gigantic, since I do take it on the bus and subway. It’s really been making me smile this week, and just having it out makes me want to go to the gym more, so that’s definitely a plus!
- Virtual Fitness Classes: Speaking of the gym, I made a fun little discovery on Monday evening. Nick and I were at the gym, and one of my favourite classes, Sh’Bam (a dance cardio class), was scheduled for 9:30 that evening, but in virtual format. When I went to check it out, there was almost no one else there! A few ladies were using the studio to work out on their own, but I was the only one there for the class. It was actually amazing, since I had almost the entire studio to myself to bust out my moves… which is exactly what I did.
- French Women Don’t Get Fat: I’m rereading this old favourite, in an effort to refresh and clean up our diet. It’s a fun read, and has already filled me with inspiration for fresh, light eating using whole, natural foods and in-season produce for easy, tasty recipes. I’d highly recommend it for anyone that wants to read about healthy, balanced eating for life in a painless way.
- Bronzer: In the summer, as I move through various shades of tan and pale, that means playing around with various combinations of foundations and bronzers. One easy unresearched buy was Rimmel London’s Natural Bronzer, which I got in Sun Light. It is apparently waterproof (though I’ve never tested that feature out), but it is very good. It’s long-lasting, looks nicely even, and very very natural. I’ve been trying for a long time to find a bronzer that doesn’t look orangey on me, and that is also matte, since shimmery face powders make me look sweaty. This one does all of the above at a budget price, and I’m thrilled with it.
A bit of beauty, a bit of fitness, and a bit of fashion, these are what’s made my week just a little bit sweeter this time around. Have you tried any of these, especially the classes or book? And how have you been liking this first weekly feature?