Happy Wednesday! I hope your week is going well 🙂 It’s been a good week here for us, as we continue to settle into a rhythm for the summer. I love when the days are long, and the evenings stretch out with slow, relaxed sunsets. I’m trying out a new recurring feature here on the blog, and I’ll be calling it 5 Things That Are Making My Week, I hope you enjoy it! Here we go with this week’s Top 5.
- Big pots of coffee: When we moved, our Keurig started acting a bit fussy, so we went out and got a good old fashioned coffeemaker that makes a pot at a time. I’ve been loving it! We put the pot on in the morning, which makes our home smell delicious, and then have lots of coffee ready whenever we’d like. Right now, I’m really liking Lavazza coffee with just a bit of raw sugar and cream.
- Bright pink nail polish: Of course, this is my signature nail look (you might remember that from this post, where I discussed my intentionally reduced manicure options). This past little while, though, I’ve been really liking how the bright pink looks with my tanned skin – it makes me feel very pretty and the pink makes me smile every time I look at my tips!
- My pretty water bottle: Nick and I picked up some cute durable water bottles to use, all in an effort to reduce the amount of disposable bottled water bottles that we go through. This little cutie with a blue top and a bright geometric pattern holds 1.5 standard bottles, and is adorable! I’ve even added little flags on the side to help me gauge my water intake as I go about my day.
- Lemon tea: Something about tea makes me feel so healthy and serene, especially herbal and green tea. So I’ve been trying to make tea more of a daily recurrence in my life. Recently, I’ve been really enjoying the Lemon Thriller tea by President’s Choice, which tastes just like a pure lemon tea, really beautiful.
- To Do & Done Lists: I make daily To Do lists, so that’s nothing new. However, I’ve started also writing out Done lists next to those, and noting down items that I did throughout the day. Here I focus on things and activities that I intend to do, but don’t necessarily come up on my To Do list – things like reading, listening to great audios, eating an actual breakfast. I’ve been really getting into this because I tend to be a bit overzealous with my To Do lists, and this gives me a better perspective on my day, and shows a more complete picture of what I accomplished any given day.
What little things have been making your week better? And what do you think of this as a new feature? I’m pretty optimistic, since even just thinking of the items to put on my list puts me in a much more grateful and thankful mindset as I think about my week.