Here we are, near the end of another lovely summer week, and at the brink of a sweet weekend. I hope you’ve been having a good week, lovely weather, and basking in the sunshine and warmth. Here are a few things that have made my week better.
- The sights of downtown: I find that there are two environments that speak to my heart above all others: tropical stunning beaches, and big vibrant cities. I’m a city girl, and draw my energy from the buzz and the lights and the gleaming smooth lines. This week I’m once again amazed at the beautiful skyline of this great city, and the glittering gems of tall buildings that are found within.
- Mineral foundation: Mineral foundation has become my staple this season. I was very skeptical of how a loose powder could ever be nearly as good as a nice cream or liquid foundation, but I have since changed my tune. I’ve been using Artistry mineral powder foundation in Medium to work with my tan, and it’s been phenomenal! Not only is it super-light and even, but the coverage is perfect and there’s no orangey tinge to it.
- Homemade breakfast sandwiches: Ooh this has been a morning game-changer! And believe me, you’ll be hearing more about this soon 🙂 We’ve started making hot breakfast sandwiches at home, and it’s been a fantastic addition to our mornings. Instead of a hurried half bagel with cream cheese, or nothing at all for breakfast, one of these protein-filled satisfying sandwiches gets me off to a great start, and ensures lighter choices throughout the day, yum!
- Lemon scented sea salt scrub: Every once in a while, I get really into scrubs, and right now is one of those times. I have this lemony scented sea salt scrub from Arbonne, and I love that not only does it make my skin feel so silky and smooth, but the oils in it moisturize my whole body so deeply when I’m in the shower, I don’t even need to use body lotion after. Once I run out, I’ll probably make my own with coarse sea salt, some sort of lightly scented oil, and essential oils for aroma.
- Minty lip gloss: In the summer, I usually lighten up my eye and lip colours, and I’ve been in the mood for a lip gloss that has shine, but not glitter. This simple clear gloss from Bath & Body Works has become a purse staple for me. It looks great on its own or over a soft wash of lipstick, and the peppermint oil provides both cooling and mild plumping. This was actually a winter beauty purchase, since it tastes like a candy cane, but it’s proven to be quite the perfect little item for summer as well 🙂
Interesting, it looks like this week I’ve been really into beauty and pampering! I guess we all have those times when we want to put in just a little extra effort into our looks, and I know it always helps me feel better in my own skin. I hope you’ve had a beautiful week thus far, and that you have a lovely weekend as well!