Coconut oil is definitely having a moment right now. It’s being touted as a superfood due to its amazing qualities, being naturally antifungal, antibacterial, great for digestion, a fantastic cooking oil, an amazingly versatile beauty product, and of course, delicious. I like using the extra virgin organic coconut oil for maximum benefits.
When I was on the HCG diet, I found a great recipe for Phase 3-friendly coconut oil chocolate. That one used stevia to sweeten it, but I loved it! I also found a recipe using honey, which I love.
I really like this recipe because not only is it ridiculously simple and foolproof, but it yields a delicious fudgy chocolate that is all natural, whole, real food, and its rich taste means that only a little square can kill any chocolate craving with a fraction of the calories, but is amazingly satisfying! A quick suggestion would be to use refined coconut oil if you don’t really like the taste of coconut, because it is still noticeable.
- Mix the following in a microwave-safe bowl – ½ cup coconut oil, ½ cup cocoa powder, ¼ cup sweetener of choice (here I used raw sugar), and any extras you want to add in (shredded coconut, nuts, etc. – I used chopped pecans here)
- Microwave if needed to soften the coconut oil, and simply mix until smooth
- Pour mixture into a dish or mold (ice cube trays would be great for portion control)
- Refrigerate until firm, I just leave it in overnight
- Cut up if needed, and enjoy!
Now you can easily enjoy all-natural chocolate, without fear of excessive sugars or chemically-laden ingredients!
Has anyone else tried this? Or tried using coconut oil in general, let me know in the comments, I’d love to discuss!