Happy Monday, darlings! Who’s ready for a beautiful week of sun and fun? I know I am! In preparation for that, here are my five highlights for the past week:
- My new hair products: Blonde locks means a more rigorous care regimen, so I’ve picked up some of the good stuff – John Frieda’s Sheer Blonde shampoo and conditioner. I saw Lauren Conrad using it on a hair tutorial, and I trust her taste in blonde maintenance, so I got the Everlasting Blonde line. I also got some John Frieda Frizz Ease serum (that’s been a classic since the 90s). I find that I do need to heat style a bit more now, or else my natural waves end up looking a bit like a glam metal singer, and this serum has smoothed and softened my hair amazingly.
- Pedicures: A little while back, Nick’s mom came to town and we had a fabulous girls day – my first ever, actually! One of the fun activities was going for a pedicure at Nino D’Arena in Erin Mills Town Centre. It was my first salon pedi in 10 years, and it was amazing! I felt so pampered, and my toes left looking super pretty! It’s been almost 2 full weeks, and my sweet little pink toenails are still looking good as new! If you’re ever in the area, I’d highly recommend checking them out.
- My little Bath & Body Works treats: Part of the shopping trip was a visit to Bath & Body Works, one of my favourite stores. I left with a few items, including the cutest little travel hand sanitizer (in Pink Grapefruit Pop scent), as well as an amazing little hand cream for my purse, Vanilla Buttercream. It smells and looks like frosting, and I love it!
- Scoop neck t-shirts: A basic tee is always good to have on hand, and easy to make work in all occasions. A basic scoop neck tee that’s nicely fitted is better. I picked up a couple of these at Wal-mart (yes, really!), and have been loving styling them up and down, plus the pink colour is perfect!
- Luke Bryan music: I’ve always liked country music, but recently I’ve been enjoying it a lot more – something about summertime and generally clean lyrics. So I’ve been spinning lots of Luke Bryan this week while I’m working, doing chores around the house, and in the car, and it makes me smile.
So fun! Go ahead, pamper yourself, and turn up some fun tunes this week!