Bonjour, mes belles! Hello and welcome to another fun (and blonder) installment of 5 Things That Are Making My Week. Here’s this week’s Top 5, starting off big with a whole new look for moi!
- My blonde hair! Of course, the biggest cosmetic change of my entire life. I’ve always wondered how I’d look as a blonde, and I LOVE it! I think I might have been an inner blonde all along, so this is very fun right now for me, and I feel pretty! It still feels so different, but it’s really given me a new lease on life, as well as an added boost of confidence.
- My shell & circle drop earrings: I received these earrings as part of a gift set years ago. Recently, I’ve been wearing them almost every day (I tend to repeat accessories a lot), and the slight shimmer and hint of seaside beauty feels very feminine and delicate. It makes me think of mermaids and beach vacations.
- Sweet Kale Superfood Salad: I was first introduced to this delicious salad by Nick’s mom, and it’s become a dinner staple for me at home. Everything is prepped, chopped, and fresh, and it’s so tasty and healthy! It’s got kale, broccoli, brussels sprouts, pumpkin seeds, a delicious dressing – in short, yum.
- Homemade Lavender Linen Spray: A simple mix in a small spray bottle, (1-2 tbsp rubbing alcohol, 10 drops lavender essential oil, and then water to fill), lightly spritzed all over the sheets, pillow and blanket just before getting into bed. It’s great for freshening up the linens, and the lavender scent is a beautiful natural relaxing scent to help with sleep.
- NYX Stick Blush: I have the Tulip shade, a nice natural pink. The blush leaves a rosy glow on my cheeks that not only lasts all day, but that I can also have control over the placement. For lazy makeup days, I just dab a bit on my lips and I’m set 🙂
I hope you enjoy these little bullet points. It’s been a fun, fresh week, and I’ve got a fun, fresh new look! I’ll keep finding out if blondes have more fun, but it’s looking like they might 🙂
What’s making your summer sweet? New foods, a new look? I can’t wait to hear what it is for you!